- A visitor? Now that's something I don't get every day! I've been studying these strange giant thorn bushes that have been growing out of the mines for some time now...they're really quite unusual!
- You're from the city, aren't you? Tell me, what's the news from Shikaakwa?
- ...Oh...that bad you say? Monsters you say?!...oh dear! My poor niece Bella in town. She must be so worried... I'd like to write to her... but Im in a bit of a predicament... I lost my good monocle peering down into that cave just north of here. There's quite an assortment of nasty creatures within, so I doubt I'd stand a chance of getting it on my own!
- If you could run down there and chase them away for a bit, I'm sure I'd be able to recover it!
- Don't mind me, I'm just a poor old blind man yearning for his monocle!
- Splendid! I was able to run in and grab it. Thank you young ma...er......woman? I'm sorry, but you just look like a big blur to me without my monocle on...just a moment please...
- Ah, thats better!
- You've been such a great help to me! As a token of my thanks, let me share with you some of the maps I've made of the terrain West of here....I hope you find them useful on your adventures.
- By the way, if you're ever in Shikaakwa again, could you deliver a message to my niece Bella in town? She frightens easily, and I'm sure she could use some reassurance with all those monsters around.